In this 5 day course, students will learn the theory of Reverse Engineering and reinforce their knowledge with concrete practical skills. Students will look broadly at the entire field of reverse engineering, from file formats and x86 assembly, through to static or dynamic analysis, and machine learning.
Specifically, students will:
- Learn foundational theory from OS design including file formats, linking, and loading.
- Review x86 assembly.
- Learn static and dynamic analysis techniques including practical usage of IDA Pro, GDB, and Immunity Debugger.
- Learn about code packing and obfuscation techniques.
- Learn about interfacing with and reverse engineering embedded devices.
- Examine machine learning with practical usage of the Weka machine learning toolkit.
For costing and a printable course outline click here.
Prerequisites: Exposure to C Programming.
Format: Lectures and Labs
Hours: 9am – 5pm.
Duration: 5 days.