In this 3 day course, students will learn the basics of introductory hardware hacking and interfacing with IoT devices to gain console access and to dump firmware. Students will learn practical skills, tool usage, and some underlying theory.
Specifically, students will:
- Learn basic electronics theory.
- Learn and practice how to solder.
- Interface with UART.
- Demonstrate desoldering and chip-off techniques.
- Demonstrate Non-destructive firmware dumping using SPI and I2C.
- Reverse engineer unknown interfaces using logic analysers.
- Program the NodeMCU to interface with SPI and I2C.
- Learn simple Arduino circuits and programming, with applications in security.
For costing and a printable course outline click here.
Prerequisites: C proficiency beneficial.
Format: Lectures and Labs.
Hours: 9am – 5pm.
Duration: 3 days.