In this 5 day course, students will learn how to discover bugs and vulnerabilities in C-based programs. Students will look at current open source systems code and OS kernels (Linux and *BSD) as case studies and working examples.
Specifically, students will:
- Review components of the C programming language.
- Learn common C programming bugs.
- Learn common APIs and interfaces in systems code and OS kernels prone to implementation bugs.
- Look at previously discovered bugs as case studies.
- Find bugs in sample code.
- Be given the opportunity to find bugs in current systems code.
For costing and a printable course outline click here.
Prerequisites: Competency in C Programming.
Format: Lectures and Labs
Hours: 9am – 5pm.
Duration: 5 days.